Saturday, November 21, 2009

Say Yes to the Dress

Once again, I'm admitting to one of my guilty pleasures. TLC has a show called "Say Yes to the Dress". It follows different brides as they try on different dresses at Kleinfeld's Boutique in NYC. Sometimes they also show brides coming back for their fittings. You get to see plenty of drama and some hilarious reactions from friends and family members who come to the appointments. You also get to see what's going on behind the scenes with the consultants. Now, I'm married. I've already picked my dress, planned my wedding, and had my big day. Why do I love this show so much? I don't exactly know, but I do know I just love seeing the different designs of the dresses and tiaras and veils. Maybe it goes back to being a people watcher or some weird kind of voyeurism. Who knows?

3 comments:

  1. I love this show! And I often ask myself the same question-why? I'm thinking it's fun to see the drama(sadly) because I can't believe these people care so much about some silly things, but also I'm "girly" and I like seeing miles of lace and sparkles, which we get to see often on this show, yes? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My roommate got me hooked on this show. I love seeing all the dresses, though the drama really annoys me, especially when a mother or sister or friend vetoes a dress because she doesn't like it. Hello? It's not your day. Let the bride pick what dress she wants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this show too! I am nowhere near getting married, but my roommate and I love seeing all the different kinds of dresses, it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete